Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PROTECTED LIST ANNOUNCED



The Yuma Firebirds have designated OF Ryan Braun as there new franchise player. Braun was ecstatic to here the news, "I love this organization. This is the only one I've ever known since they drafted me out of college. I've been blessed to be a part of an organization that is not only committed to winning, but has been winning ever since I've gotten here. Heck, I've been part of two championship teams, and I'm glad im going to be around for while, because we are not done winning championships...I guarantee that." Owner Chris Melkonian explained, "Ryan represents this ball club well. His enthusiasm, his dedication to improving his craft, the attitude he brings to this club everyday...its infectious, let me tell you. He's done great work in the community and on the field, and I expect him to continue representing the franchise well, because he has done that ever since he's gotten here."


The Yuma Firebirds have official protected lists for the upcoming 2011 BARB Player
Draft.

Franchise Players:

OF Nick Markakis
OF Ryan Braun

Keepers:

3B Ryan Zimmerman
LHP C.C. Sabathia
RHP Rafael Soriano

Protected:

1B Joey Votto
2B Martin Prado
SS Yunel Escobar
RHP Matt Cain
RHP Clay Buchholz
LHP Matt Thornton
LHP Hong-Chih-Kuo

No comments: